Why NOT I get Glucosamine pills for my parents?
1. There is also an article about glucosamine and chondroitin from The Straits Times dated 18-Sep-2010.
Please see below:
- "Glucosamine and chondroitin, two supplements taken by millions of people around the world for joint pain, DO NOT work, says a study of Swiss scientists."
- "Compared with placebo, glucosamine, chondroitin and their combination DO NOT reduce joint pain or have an impact on narrowing of joint space."
2. Also, click the below link which tells new research has revealed that high doses and extended use of the popular dietary supplement glucosamine can kill off pancreatic cells .
3. The below table explains clearly on the SOURCES of most of the glucosamine supplements in the market:
- Animal -> Shells of crabs, lobsters, shrimps
- Man-Made -> chemicals
4. What are the dangers of these glucosamine tablets?
Be A Wise Consumer
Are your parents taking such glucosamine pills?
Please help them check the ingredient label.
Some products may be marketed as plant glucosamine product, do note that it may only mean it's shellfish-free glucosamine products, the main ingredient of non-animal glucosamine is the lab-made glucosamine: Glucosamine Hydrochloride/ Glucosamine Sulfate/ Condroitin Sulfate.
Don't risk our parents' health especially after we learn about the possible side effects from these chemically synthesized glucosamine pills.
How to have a better and safer solution to joint health?
It's always wiser to get the nutrients required for joint health through wholesome plant foods as they are natural and wouldn't give us any side effects.
See the below chart:
- Do you know that our human body can self-make glucosamine from glucose and glutamine? We don't have to rely on replacement glucosamine pills.
- By consuming plant food rich in glutamine and antioxidants, this will provide the body with material to self-produce glucosamine, hence prevent or delay the effects of arthritis!!
- Check out what plants rich in glutamine and antioxidants!
- Plant sources rich in glutamine: Brown algae, Parsley and Spinach
- Plant sources rich in antioxidants: Acerola cherry, Parsley, Spinach and Cactus
- More info of these super foods: