It was another fantastic session of Dr Jau-Fei Chen in her Live with Dr Chen (Chapter 1) last Saturday on 15-Feb at MBS.
The whole conference room was full!
Dr Chen has shared selflessly in the talk about the health knowledge which are of our interest in common.
The below are the topics that she shared with us.
We know that you are specialized in the research of Nutritional Immunology, can you explain with us what is Nutritional Immunology?
Everyone is saying wanting to increase immunity, is it true that the stronger the immunity, the better it is?
Does it mean that good immunity means not easily falling sick?
is there any medicine to increase immunity?
Since there is no medication to increase immunity, what is good for immune system which can increase immunity?
You just mentioned about Phytochemicals, Antioxidants and Polysaccharides, what are they all about?
If you mentioned that plants are better, for eg soy bean is good for health, does it mean that soya oil is healthy also? Grape seed is an excellent source of high antioxidant, then grape seed oil is good?
Plant food is healthier, then how about fish? We usually say that fish meat is healthier than chicken and beef, does fish has cholesterol?
Is it good to take fish oil or cod liver oil?
Can vegetarians choose to use flax seeds to supplement Omega 3?
We always hear people mention about eating nuts, is it ok? especially the walnuts which contain Omega 3 too?
11. 我知道您也是研究癌症的，像APPLE 电脑的Steve Jobs，简直是天才，他那么聪明，那么有钱，也得到癌症，您可不可以跟我们谈谈他的癌症呢？
I know you are also doing research on Cancer, like Apple Steve Jobs, he was a genius, very smart, and very rich, he also had cancer. Can you share with us about his cancer?
Can cancer be prevented? Some people mentioned about nourishing our body will nourish the cancer cells too, is it true? How can we prevent cancer? Once a person get diagnosed with cancer, does it mean it is hopeless?
Aging problem has become a hot topic with the advent of elderly society. Alzheimer seems to be on the rise, for eg Former President Ronald Reagan. Can Alzheimer be prevented? How does it develop?
14. 帕金森氏症（Parkinson's Disease) 到后期也会失智，他们有什么不一样？像回到后来的男主角米高福克斯 （Michael Fox)世界拳王MohammadAli也得到帕金森氏症，这个疾病跟饮食有关吗？
Parkinson's Disease at the later stage will cause dementia too. What's the difference between Parkinson's and Alzheimer? Example of people who had Parkinson's are Michael Fox (actor in the "Back to the future") and Mohammad Ali (world champion boxer). Is this disease related to diet?
I have many friends who are diagnosed with high blood pressure and they are taking medicine prescribed by doctor to reduce the level. is it true that by taking the medicine, one will not get stroke?
There are a few ladies who likes to go for SPA/ hot spring bath, will this increase high blood pressure?
It has become common that majority fails to pass the Bone Density testing, does it mean that majority has osteoporosis?
There are many different types of water in the market, like alkaline water, electrolyzed water, small molecule nano water, pure water, distilled water etc. which type of water shall we drink? how much water intake daily?
If you wish to learn about the above topics, do contact me.
Not only learning the health knowledge, I also received a magazine and a bottle of O-Seed for free as a Early bird door gift. Excited about it. It really worth the ticket price. =)
What is O-SEED?
OSEED capsules are a wholesome source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids ALA to support heart and brain health. They are made from chia seeds and kiwi fruit seeds.
It promotes good health in these ways:
• A safe and convenient source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).
• Made from a unique combination of chia seeds and kiwi fruit seeds, both excellent sources of ALA.
• Has more omega-3s than omega-6s (healthier).
• High in antioxidants.
• Excellent source of natural vitamin C.
• Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
• Does not contain animal products, byproducts or derivatives, starch, gluten, preservatives, yeast, wheat, corn or dairy.
What benefits does it have over fish oil supplements?
It has the following benefits:
• Rich in ALA, an omega-3 essential fatty acid found ONLY in plants.
• No fishy smell and aftertaste.
• No risk of toxic contaminants.
• No unpleasant side effects associated with fish oil supplements, e.g. diarrhea, abdominal bloating, nosebleeds.
• Fish oil may interact with medications, e.g. blood thinners, aspirin and high blood pressure drugs.
• An overdose of fish oil can lead to increased risk of stroke and cancer.
• Will not deplete vitamin E.
• Zero cholesterol.
• Lower in calories. Each capsule has 2 calories. One tablespoon of cod liver oil has 122 calories.
• Has healthful antioxidants, phytochemicals and polysaccharides.
• Eco-friendly. Does not use blubber from endangered species of whales and seals. Dolphins may end up in fishermen’s nets with tuna, which is used in fish oil supplements.
Post a Comment