What is Eczema?
See the below from different sources of information about eczema definition and cause.
1. Excellence Magazine Volume 9
- Affecting about 10% of infants and 3% of the total population in the United States, eczema suffered have to endure the inflamed skin conditions that can include redness, blistering and oozing of the skin. The exact cause is unknown but many researches suspect genetic abnormality and a malfunctioning immune system.
2. Source: http://www.healthline.com/health/eczema#Overview)
- Eczema is a common skin condition marked itchy and inflamed patches of skin. It is also known as atopic dermatitis. It is more common in babies and young children. It occurs on the faces of infants, as well as inside the elbows and behind the knees of children, teenagers, and adults.
- It is caused by an overactive immune system.
- Up to 20 percent of children and one to three percent of adults develop atopic dermatitis, according to the American Academy of Dermatology.
- In rare cases, atopic dermatitis can first appear during puberty or adulthood. It affects males and females equally.
- The exact cause of atopic dermatitis (eczema) is unknown, but it's likely due to a combination of dry, irritable skin with a malfunction in the body's immune system. Stress and other emotional disorders can worsen atopic dermatitis, but they don't cause it.
In fact, eczema is one of the auto-immune diseases, which mean the immune cells attack own organ (in this case, it is skin).
1. What is Auto-Immune Disease?
- There are at least 80 types of auto immune diseases. They can occur in many organs and cause various symptoms.
- Auto inmune diseases result from a confused immune system attaching normal body tissues.
- This is unlike a normal functioning immune system that only attracjs substances that are harmful to the body such as bacteria, viruses, toxins and cancer cells.
2. How does consuming Meat, Dairy products increase the risk of auto-immune disease?
- Eating meat and dairy products raises the risk of auto immune diseases.
Example those who consumed the most dairy products had almost twice the risk of deceloping inflammatory polyarthritis as those with the lowest consumption.
- The intestinal lining can become inflamed due to the intake of substances such as alcohol and drugs.
- The intestinal inflammation will lead to LEAKY GUT SYNDROME which cause most of the auto-immune diseases.
- Inflammation causes the release of chemicals that dissolves the membranes of intestines.
- Food is digested in the stomach and intestines and broken down into small molecules that pass through intestinal walls to enter the blood streams.
- The intestinal wall acts as a filter and protective barrier
- If this filter is 'damaged' (a common occurrence during inflammation), there will be increased permeability (commonly referred as a LEAKY GUT).
- This allows incomplete digested big molecules to pass through the intestinal walls into the blood streams.
- When these incomplete big molecules accumulate in certain organs, they stimulate the immune system to react by initiating the inflammation responses.
- While attacking these foreign substances, the immune system may mistakenly attack the neighbouring organs, thereby leading to the auto immune diseases.
3. What are other risk factors?
Drugs, gender, smoking
4. How to reduce the risk of auto-immune diseases?
Fortunately recent evidence indicates that decreasing intestinal permeability by eliminating certain substances from the diet may be helpful.
With the changes in eating habit, and lifestyle change, the auto-immune diseases will improve and be prevented.
5. Long term use of medication will not be an ideal solution.
In fact, after understanding about the root cause of eczema which is due to malfunctioning of immune system, we can go for natural remedies to improve the condition through
6. What are the natural and safer solution to eczema?
3 Step-Solution to improve your eczema:
Step 1: Eliminate meat and dairy products from diet (including cows milk)
Step 2: Keep a diet low in fats and vegetable oils (including biscuits, cakes)
Step 3: Take high antioxidants and phytochemicals superfoods to balance out the immune system
Oxyginberry Beverage which is made by cactus, cactus fruits, ginseng berry, grape seeds, rose and seaweed are rich in disease-fighting nutrients.
It's perfect nutrition for people who are suffering from eczema.
7. How did a kid with eczema improve her condition from eczema through Oxyginberry?
8. How does a lady with serious psoriasis improve her skin condition after taking Oxyginberry?
9. A lady with eczema problem improved her skin condition after Oxyginberry.
9. More info about Oxyginberry:
We are what we eat!
When you eat healthily, your newly newly regenerated cells will be healthy too.
Eventually, with the right nutrition, your body will get healthier through the above way,
Start with Oxyginberry NOW.
Nourish your body cells with the 6 superfoods rich in high Antioxidants and Phytochemicals. Your immune system and skin system will have the chance to improve eventually. Long term relying on medicine will harm your body and it's not addressing to the root cause.
Let's all be a wise consumer. =)
If you wish to learn more about superfoods for eczema, kindly contact me via message or email. Thank you.
May everyone stay healthy and happy!
Nutritional Immunology Consultant
Post a Comment