Why E.Excel Blended Cooking Oil is highly recommended for every household to use?
In the past, I always have the impression that Olive Oil is the healthiest oil in the market.
But why is that so? I have no idea.
But after learning from Dr Chen on the criteria in choosing a healthier cooking oil, i learned that Olive Oil is not the healthiest cooking oil yet.
Furthermore, if we do not know how to use Olive Oil correctly, it will turn into harmful substances. For example, Olive Oil cannot be used for deep frying because of its lower smoking point.
The below article which was published in LONGLIFE magazine has featured the E.Excel Blended Cooking Oil.
It was shared by the author (who is a nutritionist) that why E.Excel Blended Cooking Oil is her choice!
(Click the photo to enlarge)
From the last photo, she has shared on the
Criteria in choosing a healthy cooking oil:
1. Safe and no contamination
2. Healthy Ratio of Omega 6: Omega 3 = 1:1
See the Omega 6: Omega 3 ratio of Common Cooking Oils:
Perilla Seed Oil: 1: 4
Kiwi Seed Oil: 1: 4
Macadamia Nut Oil: 1: 1
Canola Oil: 2.1: 1
Soybean Oil: 7.1: 1
Olive Oil: 12.8: 1
Tea Seed Oil: 31.8: 1
Peanut Oil: 32: 0
Sunflower Oil: 39.4: 1
Palm Oil: 45.9: 1
Corn Oil: 46.1: 1
Sesame Oil: 137: 1
CottonSeed Oil: 259.4: 1
Grape Seed Oil: 667.1: 1
- A high ratio of omega 6: omega 3 promotes many diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, osteoporosis, and inflammatory of many auto-immune diseases.
- Plant based foods are beneficial to health, however, when they are extracted as OIL, their molecular structures undergo changes and most of their nutrients are destroyed.
- Moreover, plant oils are high in calories, and when consumed., put a lot of stress on the body.
3. Smoking Point of cooking oil CANNOT be exceeded by the cooking temperature. Otherwise, the quality will be damaged and turned to be carcinogenic.
See Smoke Points (Deg C) of Common Cooking Oils:
Macadamia Oil: 210
Perilla Seed Oil: 202-250
Canola Oil: 200
Kiwi Fruit Seed Oil: 160
Soybean Oil: 160
Olive Oil: 160
Tea Seed Oil: 252
Sunflower Oil: 107
Corn Oil: 160
Sesame Oil: 177
Coconut Oil: 177
Peanut Oil: 160
Our Asian Cooking methods such as stir-frying and deep frying could go as high as 190 DegC.
Therefore, some cooking oils which has smoke point lower than 190 Deg C are not recommended to use for asian cooking methods, such as Olive Oil.
Based on the above criteria, E.Excel Blended Cooking Oil has become an ideal choice as:
- Omega 6: Omega 3 is 1:1
- Smoking Point is 210 deg C which is hardly exceeded by usual cooking methods.
- No artificial colouring, additives and preservatives.
Therefore, I highly recommend all of you to use E.Excel Cooking Oil instead of other brands.
Nutritional Immunology Consultant
Post a Comment