Originating from Japan, is a versatile species of bamboo. it is said that Kumazasa leaves are a bear's first meal after hibernation. Bears eat large amounts of food before hibernation. During hibernation, which lasts around 6-7 months, waste from digestion circulates in their bodies through their blood. By eating Kumazasa, bears purify and detoxify their blood after hibernation.
The Japanese wrap food such as raw fish with Kumazasa leaves to prevent spoilage and impart their fragrance to contents. Kumazasa's ability to preserve food is attributed to volatile oils of the leaves.
Studies have shown that Kumazasa has a cleansing effect on the blood, which is useful for lowering blood pressure.
- Its polysaccharides can reduce excess cholesterol in blood vessels to help them regain vitality and elasticity, protecting against atherosclerosis.
- Its lignin also has cleansing effects on the liver, enhancing its filtering function.
- Bamfolin, a polysaccharide in Kumazasa, has anti-cancer properties. It helps to strengthen cell walls, so that cells' absorption of nutrients and detoxification are smoother.
- Kumazasa extract is excellent for promoting wound healing and has anti-bacterial and anti-viral effects.
2. ASHITABA - THE AMAZING LONGEVITY HERB
Do you know there is a plant with such strong life force that if you pluck a leaf today, a new one will sprout tomorrow?
This amazing plant is Ashitaba and it is native to Japan's Hachijo Island. During the Edo period, Hachijo Island was used as a place of exile for convicts. Despite hard labor and poor diets, the convicts lived long lives. Their unlikely longevity was attributed to the continual consumption of Ashitaba that they foraged for.
Scientists have discovered many good components in ASHITABA:
- Flavanoids: Luteolin-7-glucoside and isoquercitrin are among the different flavonoids present in Ashitaba. Flavonoids have been linked to a reduced risk of cancer, heart diseases, asthma and stroke.
- Coumarins: These are antioxidants with anti-cancer properties.
- ChlorophylII: It stimulates the production of red blood cells. It is also excellent for cleansing the blood and liver, and promotes the growth of "friendly" intestinal bacteria.
- Chalcones: Ashitaba sap is very precious as only a few milligrams can be collected from the cross section of the stem. The sap is made up of mostly chalcones, which have been linked to many of Ashitaba's health promoting benefits.
- Regulate Blood glucose level
- Bone formation and bone mass
- Nervous system - promote production of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF), prevent Alzheimer's disease and peripheral neuropathy
- Reduce Visceral Fat (abdominal fat which is very difficult to reduce) for more efficient weight management
- Wound healing
As a convenience,
ORCHESTRA is wholesome plant food product which consists of both Kumazasa and Ashitaba plant.
It's one of my daily favourite drinks.
Her favourite drink and it's also many kids & adults' favourite drink!! =)
Nutritional Immunology Consultant
Post a Comment